ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Bvckup

<< < (9/18) > >>

tomos:
apankrat : it seems that maybe bvckup doesn't detect file renaming / moved files so that it can perform the same operations on the destination, instead of deleting / copying the files anew. SyncToy does that and this means dramatic speed improvement.
-Armando (October 15, 2010, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd hate to think it could miss out on a file like in version # 3 :-\   (wonder how SFFS  approaches this...)

Third is to simply look at the timestamps and sizes and see if any of the disappeared files have reappeared elsewhere under a different name. This will obviously not work if the file is not only moved, but also modified between the backups.
-apankrat (October 18, 2010, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Armando:
I'd hate to think it could miss out on a file like in version # 3 :-\   (wonder how SFFS  approaches this...)
-tomos (October 18, 2010, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I' almost sure that SFFS approaches this as in version #3. If you check the help file, Tobias explains how it's done. SyncToy  works the same.

However, that doesn't mean that SFFS wouldn't backup the file, it only means that it would back it up fully instead of just moving it/renaming it.

Perry Mowbray:
It would be great if it had some history, just in case I delete something on a side by mistake to be able to get it back that way. -ecaradec (October 18, 2010, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

There is a request on their forum for versioning and some discussion about using timestamps (I guess could be hours or days or even weeks to define your backups).

I would very much like to see this type of versioning  :Thmbsup:

Armando:
Other (completely different) approach to that problem: postpone any deletions (user specifies the time).

Perry Mowbray:
Other (completely different) approach to that problem: postpone any deletions (user specifies the time).
-Armando (October 18, 2010, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very true (pity  ;) ... I'd love to see the versioning though)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version