ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera to support extensions in V11

<< < (4/4)

Lashiec:
And the final version is up already. I don't know about Roboform support, but the LastPass team published an extension for their service a couple of weeks ago, so that will have to do for the moment :)

Looks like a strong release so far, not many new major features, but plenty of small touches like Google search suggestions and the ability to disable plugins (at last!). Plus the Desktop Team is getting better and better at polishing new major versions, which is a relief.

cyberdiva:
Every day or two I check to see if Siber Systems have jumped on this. No joy, so far... However, they have released a version of Roboform to work with Chrome, so I remain optimistic!
-Darwin (October 24, 2010, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, there's another thread running here about Siber Systems coming out with RoboForm 7, and charging more than some people think is reasonable, not to mention that apparently Siber is no longer honoring lifetime licenses.  At least, that's what people are saying in the thread.  Anyway, I suspect that if RoboForm does come out with an extension for Opera, it may be only for version 7.  

Like you, Darwin, I used to think that RoboForm was a must-have extension.  I think that may have influenced my moving to Firefox as my default browser.  But in the past year, I've started using Last Pass, in part because it works with Opera (which I still use from time to time, since it's so much faster than Firefox).  I have both RoboForm and LastPass running on my desktop computer, which makes for some fist fights at times.  I didn't put RoboForm on my netbook, even though I have two licenses, and when I finally ditch my 4-year-old desktop, I may not put RoboForm on the new one, either.  I'm quite pleased with Last Pass.

Darwin:
Every day or two I check to see if Siber Systems have jumped on this. No joy, so far... However, they have released a version of Roboform to work with Chrome, so I remain optimistic!
-Darwin (October 24, 2010, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, there's another thread running here about Siber Systems coming out with RoboForm 7, and charging more than some people think is reasonable, not to mention that apparently Siber is no longer honoring lifetime licenses.  At least, that's what people are saying in the thread.  Anyway, I suspect that if RoboForm does come out with an extension for Opera, it may be only for version 7. 

Like you, Darwin, I used to think that RoboForm was a must-have extension.  I think that may have influenced my moving to Firefox as my default browser.  But in the past year, I've started using Last Pass, in part because it works with Opera (which I still use from time to time, since it's so much faster than Firefox).  I have both RoboForm and LastPass running on my desktop computer, which makes for some fist fights at times.  I didn't put RoboForm on my netbook, even though I have two licenses, and when I finally ditch my 4-year-old desktop, I may not put RoboForm on the new one, either.  I'm quite pleased with Last Pass.
-cyberdiva (December 16, 2010, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think what happened is that Siber Systems are charging for a subscription to online synchronization and backup of your passcards. If you don't select "sync online" or whatever the option is during installation, your old license should work fine. I'm guessing, though, because I just paid the $9.95 before thinking "hand on, do I need this?"!  The answer, of course, is "no". While I use the backup feature (which I started using during beta testing), I've never actually used Roboform On-line to access any of my passcards. I'll just have to be more cagey next year...

Anyway, thanks for the pointer to LastPass - I'll remember it and if next year I am asked to pay to keep using Roboform without the online synching, I'll take a look!

Darwin:
As noted in this post in a different thread, I stand corrected on Roboform updates... There is an upgrade fee for ANY Roboform license purchased before September 1, 2010.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version