ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to quickly autonumber text lists?

<< < (2/8) > >>

superboyac:
hmmm...pspad and boxer are both good, but still missing significant elements.  In pspad, I still can't enter a 'tab' between the number and text.  I guess that's what it all boils down to:  customizeable characters before/after the numbering.

Maybe this is a regex thing?

superboyac:
Often when I write, I make lists.  I number the lists manually.
-superboyac (October 13, 2010, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

out of curiousity, what software do you use to write the lists?
-AndyM (October 14, 2010, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I don't use a special software for writing lists.  I'm just always coming across situations where I have to RE-number lists that I or somebody else has already made.  These lists are in Word, emails, notes, etc.

skwire:
It really wouldn't take much to write a quickie Coding Snack to cover this.  May I assume these are simple text lists?  Not some crazy-ass formatted Word doc mumbo-jumbo?

superboyac:
It really wouldn't take much to write a quickie Coding Snack to cover this.  May I assume these are simple text lists?  Not some crazy-ass formatted Word doc mumbo-jumbo?
-skwire (October 14, 2010, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, just text.  No styling whatsoever.  It's all cut and pasted back and forth between applications.

skwire:
Do you ever have need to zero-pad the numbering?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version