ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I have a very hard announcement to make

<< < (6/8) > >>

wraith808:
:D Just couldn't resist that~!
-Renegade (October 14, 2010, 07:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that lack of resistance (:deal:) the reason that you ended up where you are now?   :harhar:

dallee:
Dear App,

One of your posts was among the first I read when I first joined Donation Coder -- and I have always remembered and noted your distinctive voice and take on things.

So, you have made an indelible impression here.

I hope you keep posting -- and, hey, any interest in writing?

As for advice:  one door closes, another opens ...

One fan rooting for something great for you behind the door which opens,

Dallee   :Thmbsup:

Curt:
Dear April

It made me sad to read your post, because you have helped me (and others) so many times, that it seems double unfair that you should feel bad about anything related to computing. You have been a beam of sunshine on DC's forum, and I thank you and hope you will keep hanging out here.

You have had to realize something unpleasant and take a hard decision, and to this I can relate. (Only, I screwed up my plans myself). But today I know from experience that killing your darlings, is important, when they turn out to merely be fixed poor ideas. My point being that from NOW on it is more likely to be getting better and even better, with your life, simply because you've said goodbye to a fixed unrealistic idea, and your next ideas will be of a more mature and realistic nature.

This poster is not a cheap street-wise joke to me, nor should it be to you or anyone else:

(click to enlarge to 814x1085 pixels)

I have a very hard announcement to make

You're not a failure if you don't make it. You're a success because you tried!

jaden:
App,

Thanks for all the helpful contributions you've made on this forum and for writing useful software.  Seeing what you had done helped inspire me to get off my butt and create some of my own.  I hope you're able to find something that provides you with the income you need and the enjoyment you deserve.

Darwin:
I like the poster, Curt  :Thmbsup: It nicely captures a concept I try to instill in my students (the point is usually about applying to university), chiefly that if you don't try you're guaranteed to fail but if you do try you might just surprise yourself and others (I speak from experience - I attended two very prestigious universities and have often been asked how I was able to get into them: I applied!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version