ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

need to scan a map and then color it

<< < (3/4) > >>

skwire:
If the scan is decent, you can probably do what you want simply by using the "magic wand" and "fill" tools in most any paint program.  Paint.NET, Paint Shop Pro, etc.

techidave:
I will have to give that a try skwire.  The school has a HP scanjet 8300 so it should be able to do the job well enough.  It should as much as it cost.

it would be nice if there was something less complicated than those that were mentioned.

4wd:
If you want just an outline map showing the county lines you might like to check out the Libre Map Project, (USA State map link), it might save you the trouble of scanning.

I haven't fully explored the site but it may have more detailed maps showing things like cities, rivers, etc.

Or, using a scan of a state map, you should be able to overlay the state/county maps from Libre Maps to give you your lines.

need to scan a map and then color it

You'll need an SVG viewer, Adobe has one that incorporates into IE, download it here.

You'll probably need to beef up the contrast on them.  The above is a county map, (Alabama IIRC), but there's also sub-county which might have more detail.

tomos:
I've downloaded some SVG maps from wikipedia - cant remember what I searched for but I suspect they'd be there for the individual States.

PS Skwires suggestion is more or less the same as mine - I dont think you'll get anything less complicated, in fact I dont think it is complicated at all - just something new for you to learn ;-) (but then I know how to do it already...)

4wd:
I've downloaded some SVG maps from wikipedia - cant remember what I searched for but I suspect they'd be there for the individual States.-tomos (October 13, 2010, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Blank Mapsw ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version