ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

need to scan a map and then color it

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
well yeah you would want it to be able to save as an image, print, etc.

ideally if it was to be used as kid's coloring book program, you'd be able to give someone the standalone program that was kid friendly and just let them have a collection of images they could color, save and resume, print, download additional images, etc.

but this isn't quite what you were asking, i've gotten off on a kid's coloring book diversion.

techidave:
no but that would work Mouser, if it was a stand alone program.  the only thing it should run on Windows or a Mac OS. 

I have found various online interactive coloring sites, but they are good only for their pages. 

tomos:
I know Photoshop can do this (select the area and replace with background or foreground colour) - but it's basic functionality so I'm sure almost any of the free Photoshop replacements could do it. The Gimp for sure but I wouldnt recommend it as interface too complex. Wait see if anyone recommends one of the smaller free programmes.

techidave:
the biggest obstacle that i can see might be the fact that the boundary lines are not always straight lines.  Since I am not a Photoshop fan, not sure how your idea would work.

tomos:
the biggest obstacle that i can see might be the fact that the boundary lines are not always straight lines.-techidave (October 12, 2010, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

that doesnt matter

Okay I just had a quick look at Photofiltre (my version is old 6.3.1)
~ Open your file.
~ Change the background colour on the right (to the colour you want for first county) - two overlying squares are shown for fore- & background colours. Click on the 'underneath' one and select a new colour.
~ Select the magicwand tool from the toolbar below those squares (see tooltips if you not sure)
~ Click within a county - the area enclosed by the county boundary will be selected
~ Press the delete button
~ The county should be filled with background colour.

Repeat for next county :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version