ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Goodbye OpenOffice, Hello LibreOffice

<< < (7/17) > >>

J-Mac:
I cant download Libreoffice. It apparently is a torrent download from their site. Claims it is a 185 MB file but only 7.79 MB is downloaded. Do I need a torrent program to get this?

Jim

Jibz:
I cant download Libreoffice. It apparently is a torrent download from their site. Claims it is a 185 MB file but only 7.79 MB is downloaded. Do I need a torrent program to get this?
-J-Mac (April 09, 2013, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you might be clicking on the wrong link -- confusingly, the links for the installer and for the torrent are very close:

f0dder:
-J-Mac (April 09, 2013, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think you might be clicking on the wrong link -- confusingly, the links for the installer and for the torrent are very close:
-Jibz (April 09, 2013, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've been confused by this at least twice :-[

Might be on purpose? - they save bandwidth when people download with a torrent client.

J-Mac:
OK then I downloaded the correct file, the top link. It comes down as an MSI file but only 79.9 MB. Can't seem to get the entire file to download. Weird!

Thank you.

Jim

f0dder:
OK then I downloaded the correct file, the top link. It comes down as an MSI file but only 79.9 MB. Can't seem to get the entire file to download. Weird!-J-Mac (April 09, 2013, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
If your browser is bugging out or your internet connection is unstable, downloading with a torrent client might be a good idea - it's more resilient against errors, and where you often need to restart downloads from the beginning, torrent clients only have to restart a single failed chunks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version