ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How much soda (pop) do you drink?

<< < (6/11) > >>

tomos:
This guy I find very interesting - he regularly writes for scientific mags (no, I dont read them) and has a very scientific approach in his newsletter (which info is unfortunately is not available online). Here's a good link for a summary though - http://www.thepaleodiet.com/faqs/
The message:
we had a pretty standard diet for a huge timespan, this has only changed since the introduction of farming (of grain in particular).
Our bodies have not adjusted towards this relatively new food etc. etc. (Of course sugar is another new food for us...)

So his approach is to chuck the carbos (concentrated/processed - grain causes us most problems, but also potato, not sure about rice). Also not eat grain-or-corn-fed beef (as it's an unnatural diet for cattle too which causes a lot of health problems for them and indirectly for us as well)- rather eat grass-fed beef (I dont know about pigmeat - pigs would have eaten anything).
And no again, I havent tried it :) but I do eat more protein now than I used to.

y0himba:
Simple answer-I drink none.

Fred Nerd:
I haven't watched any videos or read any articles since I'm a bit short for time, but has anyone got started on energy drink?
The new Ice Coffee V (don't know if you have it in USA) is so powerful it HAS to be seriously bad for you.

Get work done quickly though.

MilesAhead:
I haven't tried any of them.  I've seen the use of them on Japanese TV shows especially, years before the push started in the USA. I wonder if it's something to do with outsourcing?  The Japanese lost of lot of jobs to Korea. Now we have lost manufacturing jobs to China.  The competition gets tougher for remaining jobs so people inject steroids to avoid being cut? :)

Deozaan:
I finally got around to watching the video. Very, very interesting. I've noticed a lot of foods getting rid of High Fructose Corn Syrups, but they still have fructose and corn syrups, which I guess are still bad for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version