ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

7-zip context menu problems on Windows 7 64 bit

(1/1)

bgd77:
Hi there,

I have a problem with 7-zip program on my personal computer, that runs Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
If I try to create a new zip file or to extract from a zip file by using the context menu (anywhere on the computer), I get the following error: "The requested operation requires elevation. C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zG.exe"

I tried both beta and regular version, and the same problem occurs. I have the same program installed at work, on Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit, and and the same operations work without a problem.

I noticed that if I kill the Windows Explorer process and then I start it again, the operations work.

Do you have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks,
bgd77

hpearce:
The problem would seem to be admin related ... what happens if you set explorer to run/launch as a seperate process ? maybe the 2nd process will have different rights.

bgd77:
what happens if you set explorer to run/launch as a seperate process ?
-hpearce (October 09, 2010, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

How to do that?

hpearce:
Under TOOLS>FOLDER OPTIONS.

see this link for explanation and how-to http://malektips.com/windows-7-explorer-separate-process.html

This solution assumes u execute your context menu command from an explorer window tho, probably.

bgd77:
It has no effect...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version