ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

antivirus false postives - let's do someting about it

<< < (2/3) > >>

vlastimil:
I agree with you, and had a specific idea that i'd like to get up and running by the end of the year:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20810.0
-mouser (October 06, 2010, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I read through the topic and sure I'll join any initiative that tries to address this topic. Though I do not think that guide and giving away a certificate is going to change the status quo. At least not in a foreseeable future.

The message must be simple and clear like "take responsibility", not "if you do what we propose, we give you our approval". I am sorry if that sounds aggressive or inconsiderate.

They have millions of users and big marketing budgets. We are just pissed off individuals without any organization or significant power. I would propose to only focus on building the community without any concrete plan of action. The only goal would be to get as many members as possible, spreading the message and then letting them know we are here, we are strong and we want a change.

----

@Renegade I empathize with you, suffering so much adware... Must be horrible. That's why I personally do not use any antivirus and I am happy. Up-to date Windows, non-mainstream browser, firewall, programmer's instincts & vmware for untrustworthy stuff is better than all the antivirus tools out there.

Bamse:
AVG does not know how to survive in the world of Avast and MSE, both close to foolproof with regards to installation. If they do survive it will be because too many know too little.

Renegade:
I use an AVG server edition on a server, and it plays nicely. But that's commercial, paid, and not free. I've got Avast (free) on another computer, and it's quite nice. Never causes me any pain.

kyrathaba:
I run AVG Personal and am satisfied with it.

I supplement with SpywareBlaster and SuperAntiSpyware.

Sowing the seeds of a safer internet?
http://infoworld.com/d/security-central/sowing-the-seeds-safer-internet-441

Bamse:
Sure you are if it makes you feel safer. But if you are also satisfied with their installation process you have gotten used to too much ;) Avast sucks a bit as well because of web-shield which they should keep for "Pro"/paid versions, web-shield is the one component which can cause problems. Installation pretty clean with or without. AVG is just worse in every way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version