ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Minecraft - An Incredible Indie Game

<< < (13/15) > >>

Eóin:
Has anyone ever considered setting up a DC minecraft server? I'd say it could be cool, I know I'd log in. That said I do realize minecraft servers need alot of resources, especially RAM.

worstje:
Deozaan has got a server running. :) If you want to know it, give me a PM and I'll give you the addy. (It's 'just for friends', and I'll leave it to you to decide if you are amongst those! :))

Deozaan:
Has anyone ever considered setting up a DC minecraft server? I'd say it could be cool, I know I'd log in. That said I do realize minecraft servers need alot of resources, especially RAM.
-Eóin (August 13, 2011, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've got a minecraft server set up using MineOS+ in RAMDisk configuration in a headless VirtualBox VM, and if Windows Task Manager is accurate, it only uses up about 30 MB of RAM when there are 2-3 people logged in at once. Then again, we've all been hanging out in the same general area, so there aren't a lot of different chunks that need to be loaded for each player.

Eóin:
From a quick read it looks like MineOS+ uses the proper server, not a custom one. That ram usage is amazing so!

I have at times run the Minecraft server on another PC on my home network using YAJSW so it would run as an NT Service. It did work pretty well, but the RAM usage would sit at around 800mb, even when noone was logged in???

Deozaan:
From a quick read it looks like MineOS+ uses the proper server, not a custom one. That ram usage is amazing so!

I have at times run the Minecraft server on another PC on my home network using YAJSW so it would run as an NT Service. It did work pretty well, but the RAM usage would sit at around 800mb, even when noone was logged in???
-Eóin (August 13, 2011, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, the RAM usage seems like it's probably inaccurate to me. I also started up a GUI-less Terraria server just for fun and it is sitting at about 800 MB of usage with nobody logged in. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version