ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Minecraft - An Incredible Indie Game

<< < (4/15) > >>

Bamse:
Yes much good to say about Minecraft. I have seen enough of streamed gaming to know game is either a severe addiction or something to avoid at all costs because there are only 24 hours per day.

I am guessing you have heard this podcast with Notch http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/09/indiegamescom_podcast_2_minecr.html Where he explain trip to Steam HQ or not explain ;) "They just wanted to get to know me, I think" or something. Yeah yeah. He seems like a nice guy, spend money on making company though he has enough to just fade away and be a rich asshole for some years ;)

Oh, you linked to same podcast - well good intro so no harm in double linking.

y0himba:
My 9 and 12 year olds cannot stop playing this, I had to buy it.  :Thmbsup:

Jibz:
It's a cool idea and it's nice to see a "small developer" getting a break :Thmbsup:.

One thing to note, if you have a low end machine the game may not run smoothly even though the graphics are extremely simplistic. My machine runs Half Life 2 and WoW smoothly, but this game chops and pauses for seconds.

Deozaan:
One thing to note, if you have a low end machine the game may not run smoothly even though the graphics are extremely simplistic. My machine runs Half Life 2 and WoW smoothly, but this game chops and pauses for seconds.
-Jibz (October 07, 2010, 06:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here. But that's only if I try to run it from the browser. It runs much more smoothly if I download the client and play from the exe. Note that you need to purchase the game to play the downloaded version.

Plus then you can maximize it for near full-screen gameplay. :)

Dirhael:
-Jibz (October 07, 2010, 06:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Plus then you can maximize it for near full-screen gameplay. :)
-Deozaan (October 07, 2010, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Protip: F11 is your friend ;)
SpoilerAllows you to play in proper full-screen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version