ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Minecraft - An Incredible Indie Game

<< < (6/15) > >>

y0himba:
Aaahhhhhhh...Sunday morning.  My 9 and 12 year olds shouting back and forth from their computers trying to mine for diamonds and build iron pickaxes.

Deozaan:
New Minecraft Update:

General fixes:
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom skin packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly

Multiplayer fixes:
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats
* added (after lots of work) the ability to steer server-side boats
* added “no-animals” setting. if true, animals will immediately vanish
* added support for more animation settings. Currently it’s just the “riding” animation, but the same system will be used for sneaking-http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1534664976/minecraft-alpha-v1-2-2-minecraft-server-0-2-4
--- End quote ---

More info about custom texture packs on the post (linked above).

I also came across this funny faux Minecraft LARP.

But I guess it's not really funny unless you've played the game.

f0dder:
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
--- End quote ---
Yay! :D
--- End quote ---
Hm, perhaps OK for ghasts, but zombiepigs really ought to... baconize... from fire/lava.

Do nether-portals still appear more or less at random when you exit back to the real world?

Ah, the LARP video was cute - but stupid sod, he has a diamond sword but not a bow against the creepers? :P

Eóin:
Unless you like assisted suicide ... or tricking friends into doing it and watching them freak out and panic as they try every method available to survive... only to fail :P
-wreckedcarzz (November 06, 2010, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you get monsters (mobs) in multiplayer? Do you have to run a custom server or something?

Deozaan:
How do you get monsters (mobs) in multiplayer? Do you have to run a custom server or something?-Eóin (November 10, 2010, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Monsters don't really work in multiplayer since there is no health or damage implemented yet.

--- End quote ---
Hm, perhaps OK for ghasts, but zombiepigs really ought to... baconize... from fire/lava.

Do nether-portals still appear more or less at random when you exit back to the real world?-f0dder (November 10, 2010, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, ghasts randomly getting burned by magmafalls made the Nether even more creepy due to their screams they emit when harmed. And since when are pigs immune to fire?

This was in the changelog for 1.21.1 (Nov 5):

* Attempted to fix the portal dupe bug where you could exit through a different (new) one than the one you entered through.-http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1486843146/minecraft-alpha-1-2-1-minecraft-server-0-2-3
--- End quote ---

So it should be mostly fixed, but I think he's still working on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version