ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox Stability Issues

<< < (3/5) > >>

Renegade:
FF keeps just puking and dying on me.

I'll not be doing anything and *POOF*~! It suddenly dies.

I'll be working on another machine and see it die.

I'll be working on the same machine in another program and see it disappear from the taskbar.

Flash? Dunno. It's just extraordinarily bizarre.

Usually programs crash when you DO something. Not when you don't do anything.

4wd:
Back again - I don't know what they've done in Minefield 4.0b8pre x64 but no matter what I do it just CTDs, even after wiping every trace of it and reinstalling.  Crashes a few seconds after running it.

So I've gone back to Minefield 3.7a5pre which has always been stable, (well, at least on my previous XPx86 OS).

cmpm:
Is this in windows 7 only or XP as well?

I ask cause I have had the 'not responding' problem with windows 7 but not XP.
Same extensions, same FF setup, same computer.

4wd:
Is this in windows 7 only or XP as well?

I ask cause I have had the 'not responding' problem with windows 7 but not XP.
Same extensions, same FF setup, same computer.-cmpm (October 11, 2010, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

W7HP x64 - I haven't run XP on this machine for 10 months or so.
I was using the x64 builds of Minefield and Flash but uninstalled x64 Flash to see if it made a difference, which it didn't.

Minefield 4.0b8pre x64 just CTDs, no reason, no crash data, even in Safe Mode - I'm beginning to suspect that it's interaction with another program or W7 update.  After all, if it was happening to a lot of people then I'm sure they'd be up to b9pre really fast.

I have yet to try Minefield 4.0b8pre x86 on either W7x64 or my other XPx86 based machine - I'll give it a go when I get home.

One thing I have noticed though since going back to Minefield 3.7a5pre is that it is dog-slow in comparison, a lot of times going into Not Responding for up to a minute.  It never used to do this which is what makes me think a software problem somewhere.  But then again, when I installed W7x64 I pretty much went straight to x64 builds of Firefox/Minefield so I'm not actually sure I ever ran Minefield 3.7a5pre x86 on this W7x64 machine.

EDIT: Just installed it on my XP-Pro x86 Aspire One and it works fine.

J-Mac:
I was running 3.6.9 on a Win7 32-bit machine and constantly had "Not Responding" on my title bar. I finally uninstalled it again, cleaned it from the registry, and then reinstalled it again after about two weeks. It is running OK; still does it but not nearly as much. But I'll bet that after another couple months it'll be back to the same condition. I have heard something about Mozilla using an SQL database that fills up over time and causes issues like this. Don’t know if that is real or bs though.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version