ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Mark browser text to print, not other way around

(1/1)

Daleus:
Just saw another hit for a browser plugin that allows you to "hide" or remove parts of a webpage you don't want to print.

Seems bass-ackwards to me.  I've tried these things and they *all* fail because I have to do so much clicking and turning off of things that it's just a huge waste of time.

Why hasn't someone come up with the idea of choosing the part of the page you *DO* want to print and ignoring the rest.  One click and print..yer done and Bob's yer Uncle (unless you don't have a Bob in your family, or if he's the *creepy* uncle).

There may be reasons this can't be done, of which I am unaware.  First time for everything I guess....;0..roflmao

Anyway, if this can or can't be done, I'd love to hear about it!

Cheers!

lanux128:
Why hasn't someone come up with the idea of choosing the part of the page you *DO* want to print and ignoring the rest.  -Daleus (September 27, 2010, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aardvark can do this, you can select an element and choose 'Isolate' which will then delete everything surrounding the selected element, leaving you with just what you want to print.

• http://karmatics.com/aardvark/

Daleus:
Thanks for the heads up on that.

Is Aardvark a DonationCoder item?  I was really hoping I had come up with a cool idea for DC. I guess I'll be crying myself to sleep yet again tonight!

Cheers!

Stoic Joker:
I could be missing something here, but that's already built into IE.

Highlight what you want printed.

Right click and select print preview.

In the dialog that opens select Print "as selected on screen" from the drop-down menu (top center)

Hit print, done.

MilesAhead:
I could be missing something here, but that's already built into IE.

Highlight what you want printed.

Right click and select print preview.

In the dialog that opens select Print "as selected on screen" from the drop-down menu (top center)

Hit print, done.
-Stoic Joker (September 29, 2010, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Chrome you can do it with Selection radio button rather than Page in Print setup.  I don't know if it keeps the formatting as well as these specialized addons.  But I just tried it on part of this page. I got text in the same position size and color. Looks usable just for grabbing a paragraph or 2. Main hassle with it is I use AutoCopy.  After disabling(if you have it set to remove the selection after it's copied to clipboard) you have to restart the browser or the selection block will disappear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version