ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for Refrigerator Magnets that work

<< < (5/9) > >>

Renegade:
From that page you posted:

CAUTION:

The magnet featured in this advertisement is not a toy and must be handled with extreme caution. The improper handling and/or use of this magnet can result in irrevocable damage to property as well as serious physical damage. While the magnetic field generated by a rare earth magnet is rather shallow, it should not be placed directly on top of computer equipment or equipment subject to detriment by magnetic interference.Because this magnet is attracted to metal at a force equivalent to 350 lbs, it is absolutely imperative that the user never position his/her fingers and/or other appendages in between the magnet and a metal surface. This magnet's attraction to metal is so intense that fingers would be literally severed if inadvertently caught beneath the magnet.

By all means, never stand beneath the magnet when it is carrying a load as a sudden shift in weight could result in the load disengaging from the magnet and falling to the ground. The magnet should never be used to suspend any metal object above a person or object of value.
--- End quote ---

app103:
From that page you posted:

CAUTION:

The magnet featured in this advertisement is not a toy and must be handled with extreme caution. The improper handling and/or use of this magnet can result in irrevocable damage to property as well as serious physical damage. While the magnetic field generated by a rare earth magnet is rather shallow, it should not be placed directly on top of computer equipment or equipment subject to detriment by magnetic interference.Because this magnet is attracted to metal at a force equivalent to 350 lbs, it is absolutely imperative that the user never position his/her fingers and/or other appendages in between the magnet and a metal surface. This magnet's attraction to metal is so intense that fingers would be literally severed if inadvertently caught beneath the magnet.

By all means, never stand beneath the magnet when it is carrying a load as a sudden shift in weight could result in the load disengaging from the magnet and falling to the ground. The magnet should never be used to suspend any metal object above a person or object of value.
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (September 27, 2010, 12:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

And from the warning page I posted:

* The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
* You should avoid having constant contact with magnets of any size and keep a distance of at least 3 feet to large magnets.
--- End quote ---

There was even more warnings, but those 2 items really stood out to me. Powerful magnets can kill people, without them even touching them.

superboyac:
Best I have found here:  http://www.supermagnetman.net/index.php?cPath=25

Super strong (the ones that look like push-pins). Also, the ones that have little hooks on them. Really excellent and not expensive. I have been dealing with this site for a while now and they are reliable.

Jim
-J-Mac (September 26, 2010, 09:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow...that is a kick ass magnet store.  I love magnets, always have.  I have a box of magnets I've collected since I was a kid.  I even wrote a short story about magnets...eesh ;)

J-Mac:
app103 - a microwave oven can do the same.

I am surprised at all the trepidation over some tiny little refrigerator magnets! Come on folks! Refrigerator magnets!! I would hazard a guess - out on a limb here - that many more people are killed in auto accidents than by their refrigerator magnets, but I'll wager that no one gives driving their cars that much cautious forethought!!  :P

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
Best I have found here:  http://www.supermagnetman.net/index.php?cPath=25

Super strong (the ones that look like push-pins). Also, the ones that have little hooks on them. Really excellent and not expensive. I have been dealing with this site for a while now and they are reliable.

Jim
-J-Mac (September 26, 2010, 09:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow...that is a kick ass magnet store.  I love magnets, always have.  I have a box of magnets I've collected since I was a kid.  I even wrote a short story about magnets...eesh ;)
-superboyac (September 27, 2010, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

For real? Is your short story on the web? I'd like to read it. Post it on your blog somewhere and give us a link!

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version