ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Withdrawn: Dominion Rules Character Creator

<< < (3/5) > >>

kyrathaba:
Good suggestions, phitsc, and thank you for the input. I will seriously consider upgrading the UI.  Perhaps make the "hand-holding" feature an option that can be turned on/off.  Of course, most people (the very few that will ever actually make use of the app) are going to use the program once, to create and submit a character to my game -- then roleplay that character for months (or even years), never again using the app.  So, the intended audience probably won't use the app but once. 

Still, you're suggestions are very good ones.  Thanks!

timns:
@timns: What language would you likely program it in?

The rules are quite elegant, IMHO.  Everything is accomplished with a d12 die.  I should point out that my character creator departs slightly from the official rules for character creation.  I don't like the method described in the rules manual.  However, my program is, in my estimation, 99% compliant with official Dominion Rules.
-kyrathaba (November 25, 2010, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd write 'er in Java. I did actually make another start earlier this year when NANY was first announced, but I knew there would not be any hope of having anything to show so I put it to one side yet again.

kyrathaba:
Yeah, I know what you mean.  I've rejected several more ambitious projects, simply because of time constraints.  In fact, I suppose my submission this year is rather self-serving, given the extremely limited audience for which it's intended.  But I find it difficult to find motivation to do a software project unless I have some personal stake in it, know what I mean?  Either something I think my friends or family will use, or that I will use.

wraith808:
Yeah, I know what you mean.  I've rejected several more ambitious projects, simply because of time constraints.  In fact, I suppose my submission this year is rather self-serving, given the extremely limited audience for which it's intended.  But I find it difficult to find motivation to do a software project unless I have some personal stake in it, know what I mean?  Either something I think my friends or family will use, or that I will use.
-kyrathaba (November 25, 2010, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think that's unique.  That's the reason I look on here at requests- it gives me ideas outside of my comfort zone. :)

kyrathaba:
Redacted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version