ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Would someone mind recommending a good laser printer?

<< < (4/8) > >>

mouser:
that's basically the upgraded version of the printer i have; like i said i couldn't be happier with it and i duplex all the time.  for that price it's hard to go wrong.

superboyac:
that's basically the upgraded version of the printer i have; like i said i couldn't be happier with it and i duplex all the time.  for that price it's hard to go wrong.
-mouser (September 25, 2010, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I'm sold then.  I'm going to go to the local fry's and best buy tomorrow.  if they have it for around the same price, i'll buy it.  If not, I'll get it online.  Thanks man.

Carol Haynes:
I'd go with Mouser's recommendation - as I said I don't really use lasers myself (though I should) - maybe I will look too.

Stoic Joker:
I need specific model recommendations here.  More importantly, if you've purchased a laser printer recently (as in, it's still on the market and not too old) and you've been happy with, PLEASE let me know.  Mouser is the only one who has recommend a specific printer so far, and it's discontinued.
-superboyac (September 25, 2010, 10:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
Specific model recommendations are (quite frankly) impossible without knowing two pieces of information.
What is the expected print volume?
What (text/graphics/photos) will you be printing?

This is part of what our company does, and every customer has to answer these two questions first, before a recommendation can be made... If it to be even the slightest bit acurate.

Customer: I'm looking for a car that is popular.
Salesman: Okay, how about a Toyota Prius?
Customer: But I need something that is fast...

...See what I mean?

Brother is primarily a sewing machine company. But if you only want/need fax quality prints, it's probably fine.

Both Mouser & I recommended a discontinued model. Mine was the LaserJet 5000 which was based on your 11x17 requirement because that is the only viable option this side of $1,000. They are quite easy to find on eBay, and will easily last well past a million pages. They are work horses with descent speed, and built to last (which doesn't really happen anymore). Duplexer attachment can be purchased seperately.

cmpm:
Do color graphics come out ok with a laser? I don't know.
I don't do much printing, but when I do it's usually text or a receipt.
So a mono laser would be fine for me.

The convenience of an inkjet color printer for graphics like a Canon, for quality,
and a mono laser is a good combo for my needs.

Doing a lot of color graphics is worth the trouble to go to a store and use their printing setup, like a lot of drug stores or Walmart have in the photo department. Just to save ink at home.

And having a scanner on either a laser or inkjet is cool, or even a separate scanner is nice.

The school I work for uses Brothers similar to what superboyac posted.
And the toner has more pages per cartridge then the Samsung I posted.
Per cartridge is cheaper too. A plus for sure.
I don't know the model we have at work but we have 100's of them.
One for each classroom, and a few super duty monster printers that can do everything.

WiFi is a nice addition.
Just rambling on here....
As I consider spending money...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version