ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Would someone mind recommending a good laser printer?

(1/8) > >>

superboyac:
I'm going to google and newegg, and as usual, it's hard to judge based on that.  So once again, I'm turning to my favorite forum.  OK, here are my requirements:

Price:  I don't know.  Not too expensive.  Let's keep it under $400.  I know that's a lot for a black/white laser printer.  I'm just trying to emphasize that I don't mind paying for a truly better machine.

Duplex: I NEED automatic duplex.  I don't want any manual feeding or anything.  I read some reviews, and even the ones that could do auto-duplex seemed to have some issues, like paper getting jammed a lot, etc.  So if any of you have had a really positive experience with an auto-duplex printer, please let me know.

11x17 support:  It doesn't have to have an inner tray for it, but I'd like to be able to print to 11x17 once in a while.  Even if it is a manual feed.

Toner:  I'd like as much toner life as possible.  I don't want something that only lasts 200 pages or so.

I can't think of anything else right now.  Please advise.  Thank you.  (I said "Thanks you" the other day on the phone at work.  So embarrasing.  I was caught between "Thanks" and "Thank you"...ugh)

mouser:
The 11x17 think is likely to be the major feature that excludes most common printers.

For standard sized printing, i love my years-old dirt cheap Brother HL-5250DN (discontinued);  more brother lasers here: http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/BW_Monochrome_Laser_Printers/

As always, look for reviews, and ratings on amazon and newegg.

Shades:
Then the question becomes:
In what quantities are you expecting to print?

If that is low, take a Samsung or HP laser printer that supports the dual page printing.

But if it is high then I can recommend from personal experience Panasonic (5.000+ euro).

My experience with them was excellent although a little short-lived. In the company I worked for we leased a set of 4 from these printers. 3 of them had to be replaced after 3 months, because their innards were completely done (according to their counter), while the outside was still brand new. These babies were litterally printing continuously day and night in that period. And they did practically without any hiccup.

Stoic Joker:
11x17 is the one requirement that will drive the price up (way up). But if you can find a HP LaserJet 5000 (eBay) that would be a good printer with a solid reputation.

Note: most of the duplex jamming issues are caused by sub-standard media and/or moisture (I see this constantly) ... So read any reviews with a bit of skepticism.

superboyac:
The 11x17 think is likely to be the major feature that excludes most common printers.

For standard sized printing, i love my years-old dirt cheap Brother HL-5250DN (discontinued);  more brother lasers here: http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/BW_Monochrome_Laser_Printers/

As always, look for reviews, and ratings on amazon and newegg.
-mouser (September 24, 2010, 08:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe I'll just let go of the 11x17 thing.  I don't really need it.  Maybe I'll go down to Costco and browse what they have.  They usually have good stuff and I love that I can just return it, no problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version