ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

TopDesk

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darwin:
PS Entbloess runs, with reduced feature set (no live previews, for example) under win2k...

m_s:
I have tried Entbloess, but not for awhile.  I liked it, but I particularly like that F11 feature.  We must have been researching the market around the same time if it was late 2004 for you also!

nudone:
wow!!!!!!

i tried Entbloess on my amd xp2200 pc a few months back (most likely on the recommendation from someone posting on DC - sorry, can't remember who it was) and i thought it looked like a brilliant idea but i just couldn't really make use of it because of the speed of my machine.

now i've got am amd 4800 x2 and the demo of Entbloess is absolutely astoundingly smooth. it's like a paradigm shift in windows control - this is what vista should be all about but i can't see it happening.

if Entbloess doesn't crash during the 100 use demo then i'll buy it.

mouser:
this is a good opportunity to point out something.
check the entbloess"affiliates" page:  http://www.entbloess.com/index.php?page=affiliates

people can get 40% of the price of entbloess when someone buys entbloess by following a special affiliate link.

this is where an email to entbloess from one of you to that company could really come in handy.

here is how i usually put it to a company, something like this:
"we don't want any comissions on sales - we only ask that you offer a generous discount to members of our forum, larger than the normal affiliate price - because since there is no affiliate fee you have to pay, you are bound to get more customers"

and point them to this thread where the discussion is already on such tools.

it's a great opportunity for a company to offer a 50% discount to our members and they are bound to make quite a few sales especially if they act while the discussion is active; and 50% discounts on programs discussed in threads like this with praise from trusted members will get mentioned in the newsletter which means lots of people reading this thread,etc.  [i highly recommend to all companies a 50% discount like most of our discounts, but the rule we have adopted is at least 30% or don't bother, and it has to be more than any affilliate fee for reasons i discussed above].

so in short - do everyone a favor and if you find a program you like enough to talk about and purchase - why not send them an email, tell them your a fan, point them to the thread on the forum and ask them about offering a discount to our members.  it's a much better deal for them then these affiliate things they all run.

might mention that we always ask if they are willing to donate a few free copies for us to give away, which is just a nice gesture that most companies are more than happy to do.

they can always contact me directly if they want to talk more ([email protected]), but having a real user contact them first makes a huge difference, much better than me trying to convince them it's a good idea.

make it a new rule - before you buy any program you like, contact the author and discuss the possibility of them offering a discount to our members!

[this goes for topdesk as well of course, which also looks very nice]

nudone:
wise words, wise words.

if it doesn't crash of i don't lose interest in Entbloess before the end of the demo i'll email the developer - anyone else wishing to contact the author before me then please do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version