ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MD5Hash 2.9

<< < (4/9) > >>

MilesAhead:
This is interesting. I compiled a 32 bit version and it's just as fast.  The md5 routine has asm code for 32 bit.  But both are much faster than my old FileCRC32.  So I'll include the 32 bit in the download.

edit: the available download now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions.  At least on my quad the 32 bit version is just as fast, but the 64 bit is a tad easier on the CPU.  Both are a lot faster than FileCRC32. To be expected since that was implemented in Delphi 5.

Even with both versions the download is only about 78 KB.  :)

edit: concurrent_queue looks like a good means of emptying  the drop loop quickly though.

MilesAhead:
MD5Hash 1.5 Both 64 and 32 bit versions have been updated to 1.5.

Without radically changing the design I reimplemented the drag & drop processing.  Now you can drag & drop one or more files onto the program even if it is in the middle of processing the previous drop.

However, currently, if you select a single file to process by typing in the file name/using the Browse Button, and pressing OK Button, it will block until completion. In either case you may press the Cancel Button or the Close 'x' in the corner of the window to bring up an abort dialog.

MilesAhead:
MD5Hash 1.6 Both versions have been updated.  The Browse Button now allows multiple file selection.  Multiple files are added to the job queue. If only a single file is selected, it's inserted into the edit box. Pressing OK Button will process the lone file in blocking mode.  After a multiple file selection or drag & drop, you may still add files to the queue via drag & drop.

Minor fixes such as F1 not displaying the About Box after a job has been run.  Seems dialog boxes are quirky about processing WM_HELP unless you force the mouse click someplace receptive.  So you may notice after jobs have completed the cursor is back in the top edit box. :)  A kludge but it works.

edit: the zip file online has been updated. Programs are the same. The Readme.txt files were updated.

MilesAhead:
MD5Hash 1.7 Both versions updated to 1.7.

Some minor bug fixes.

The input has been reworked.

When individual files are processed they are added to the job queue instead of blocking. Now you can type in the filename of a large file or select file(s) with the Browse Button and still add files to the queue using drag & drop.

Fixed a bug where the OK button lost default pushbutton status after running a job. (Typing in a filename and hitting Enter only worked if it was the first job after program load.)

edit: I didn't up the version number, but the Clear Button prompt now offers to save the cut to the clipboard.  Yes cuts all text to clipboard, No just empties the EditBox, Cancel takes no action. The latest build is available for download at the link in the first post.

MilesAhead:
MD5Hash 1.8 Both exes updated to 1.8.

Added logic so that OK Button is only enabled when something is in the edit line.

The new version has been uploaded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version