topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: couple quick questions  (Read 13164 times)

K1W169

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
couple quick questions
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:57 AM »

Well the 1st i got answer reading other posts I had same issue of the ConfigFilesZipFolders.ddr' does not exist. but it worked after I did Add

ok my 2nd question my zips are naming themselves the type of files they are like "City Connection (U) [o1].NES.zip"  I'd rather not have nes sms smc etc at the end of the file and I haven't been able to figure out how to get that out.  Tried searching for some winzip command attribs but saw nothing that would eliminate the type of file ie .smc .nes    Great program though its saving me alot of time :)  (workaround I've been using is your drag and drop to zip them all then flash-renamer to remove last 3 from every filename hehe)   

Also to those not into mame or rom emulation you may not get why I wouldn't want one big zip but all the emulators can access the zipped file so You can keep each seperate file zipped but still choose to load it in the window so it works great.

last it took me a couple tries to figure out dropping to the output window worked because it didn't list the files I had dropped there even though they were in queue  maybe a smaller window with up and down scroll so that someone could see the files they added to queue

Sadness: No files in queue to process   haha  cute

Great program will be sure to recommend this to people in the emulation scene

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: couple quick questions
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:03 AM »
here's one thing you can try for advanced operation when you don't like the names being generated for example in your winzip commandline:

drag all your files to the queue, and configure everything as you want.
in the "Shell Window" radio box, choose: "Don't Run"

Then click "start" button.

What will happen in this case is the program will create code for a batch file in the output window.  Select and copy that text and put it in a .bat text file and you will be able to run the .bat file to perform the operations.

This technique will then let you edit that .bat file in your text editor to do things like search and replace and remove text from filenames, etc.

K1W169

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:13 AM »
so by default it is supposed to add the type of file your zipping to the filename? I thought it would be like standard winzip winrar settings where it just names it the filename not filename.exe.zip or filename.mp3.zip

ok tried what u suggested but then I need to find all .nes and remove then rereun for it to work seems like a long long workaround :) and this test is only doing 20 files outta the 3,000 + files I'm going to be zipping see my dilema

I'd have to do this for all the .nes .smc .01 .snes etc etc

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 04:25 AM »
so by default it is supposed to add the type of file your zipping to the filename?

this has nothing to do with drag and drop robot --
if you want to change the name of the files created from running winzip, you have to figure out the commandline parameters for winzip and configure that in the Commandline field so that it's named the way you want.

Remember that the winzip ddr file you are using is just a sample file.. you should customize the settings to set the winzip options you want to use.

K1W169

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:41 AM »
Sorry if i wasnt clear thats what I meant by Tried searching for some winzip command attribs but saw nothing that would eliminate the type of file ie .smc .nes I know I wasn't being very clear. By default when using winzip or winrar right click zip file it automates it and doesnt add the suffix of syntax of the field So I wasn't sure if it was ddr or zip that was making it how I wasn't used too sorry for the mix up :P

after checking help file I found you had posted what I needed I just overlooked it

Additional File replacement fields
 · %p = short path 
 · %P = long path 
 · %no = short name (without ext) 
 · %NO = long name (without ext) 
 · %n = short name (with ext) 
 · %N = long name (with ext) 
 · %e = extension 

so C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE -a -r "%NO.zip" "%2"  works for what I was needing

Well hopefully my ignorance wont be in vain if someone else reads this and has similar problem hehe   I figured I'd work it out eventually just wanted to make sure I understood how it worked before I went and told people to use it and then couldn't tell them how :)

Thanks again for writing this excellent software!!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:46 AM »
excellent -- glad those file replacement fields were helpful, and i should have mentioned those.
good work getting it solved and thanks for posting the solution as well, i'm sure others will find it useful  :up: