ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

12TONEt2.WAV

<< < (3/4) > >>

nudone:
KMPlayer is maybe too big for my taste, a "media center", and has not been updated for a year.

--- End quote ---

hmm, maybe KMPlayer claims to be a media center - i've never noticed that. it does install and first open up with some kind of media library window, but i close it and never encounter it again during everyday use. to me, KMPlayer just looks like a typical video (or "media" as it also does audio) player.

and, as sajman99 says, the older versions of the program seem to work fine. i hardly ever bother to udpate it and i can't remember the last time it wouldn't play a file.

(i'll have to check out PotPlayer.)

sajman99:
i hardly ever bother to udpate it and i can't remember the last time it wouldn't play a file.
-nudone (September 22, 2010, 04:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, I used to install specialized players just for .flv and .swf. For some reason, VLC was kinda inconsistent with certain file types. Since discovering KMPlayer some years ago, I no longer have need for those specialized players. Good grief, KMPlayer will even display graphics files!

It was disturbing to install K-Lite. It gave me a looong series of warnings about old codecs that it suggested to remove. I clicked Okay, so I am expecting at least one other program to now be useless!
-Curt (September 21, 2010, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Also, with KMPlayer you can avoid installing an external codec pack. Many folks use and recommend K-Lite, but I'd just as soon avoid it if at all possible. Long ago I had codec conflicts which created quite a mess, and I haven't forgotten that nightmare.

Curt:
I removed both K-Lite and MPC-HC when I installed KMPlayer
- and so far there have been no conflicts  ;)

Curt:
... VideoLAN ... One thing about it that I dislike above all is the unbelievable UGLY icon! What the..., and so on, where they thinking?!!! -Curt (September 21, 2010, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

I must say, KMPlayer has helped a lot, solving the icon issue:

:up:

sajman99:
Hey, that does look cool with KMPlayer's distinctive icons. I didn't even know about that aspect. I've still got my music icons set to an older version of Jet Audio.

I've got VLC Media Player too, and I agree about its icon--never liked it at all (ug-leeee! ;D).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version