ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hilarious video, for those old enough to appreciate it.

<< < (2/4) > >>

ljbirns:
Typewriters ?  Carbon paper ?  Mimeograph ? Rotary phones ?  A Secretary who could take shorthand ?
 An Answering service ? Orange CRT monitors ? Elevator operators ?
Remember any of these ?

Target:
:huh: You older people and your weird ways... I guess you have to be older than 19 to understand what is going on in this video. To me, it makes no sense...-nite_monkey (September 22, 2010, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

you young people and your wierd ways - facebook? we have actual friends and literal social networks.... ;D

lanux128:
Typewriters ?  Carbon paper ?  Mimeograph ? Rotary phones ?  A Secretary who could take shorthand ?
 An Answering service ? Orange CRT monitors ? Elevator operators ?
Remember any of these ?
-ljbirns (September 22, 2010, 04:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

have used or run into all of the above. lol, this thread makes me feel old.. :)

btw, mimeograph is known as cyclostyle here. i remember my dad working on it at his shop.

zridling:
There's something to be said for old tech: if done right, it can last centuries. Title/deed documents, contracts, constitutions, etc. are best put to something more permanent than the latest document file format! And a good typewriter might last you decades rather than the latest upgrade cycle for say, Apple's gadgets.

Deozaan:
face lifting too
-ljbirns (September 22, 2010, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I was thinking! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version