ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PayPal horror stories: Getting uglier each day

<< < (3/3)

J-Mac:
Damn! Just read that Wachovia/Wells Fargo story. I hadn't heard about that at all. Didn't make big news though I don’t understand why.

Thanks!

Jim

Renegade:
@tranglos

You're absolutely right.

PayPal should be subject to regulation as banks & finance institutions are, but then again, they need to be regulated. Deregulation there led to the sub-prime crisis. Let an idiot run around with a knife & someone will get hurt... The industry is a disaster.

I'll stick to my guns on the entire banking & finance industry being completely wrong. My wife vehemently disagrees with me though (she's doing her PhD in finance).

kyrathaba:
Since when does PayPal require you to enter a credit card's full number to confirm anything?  I don't want that sort of info stored in one of their databases!  Surely there are other ways of confirming this?  Email validation, etc.

tranglos:
Since when does PayPal require you to enter a credit card's full number to confirm anything?  I don't want that sort of info stored in one of their databases! -kyrathaba (September 26, 2010, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

They have always stored full CC info in their database. That is so that you do not have to supply the number to each and every vendor you're buying from. It's probably better to give it to PayPal once than to dozens of big and small sellers everywhere.

Why they would want the CC number to change your physical address though is a completely different matter. I've no idea. You could try their help and FAQs, they are pretty exhaustive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version