ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how to make a list of fonts you have

<< < (3/5) > >>

Curt:
$35: X-Fonter  :up:
http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/xfonter.html
http://www.blacksunsoftware.com/xfscreenshots.html

X-Fonter
Advanced Font Manager / Viewer

X-Fonter is an advanced font manager, especially created for web-designers, graphic artists and font fanatics.

In a simple user interface you can quickly find the font that you need. Even with thousands of fonts on your computer, with X-Fonter they're just a few clicks away.
Try X-Fonter out now with our free trial version.

Preview:
• Quickly view all installed fonts • Search or Search for fonts on any drive • Compare fonts with custom text samples • Compare fonts in Dual pane

Install:
• Supports all Font Types • Truetype, Opentype, Postscript, Raster, Vector • Load fonts temporarily to save resources

Organize:
• Create your own custom collections • Load an entire collection at once

Print:
• Print Font overview or character maps • Up to 3 lines of custom text per font
--- End quote ---

and it will show both font and file-names:

click for 912x676 pixels:

With X-Fonter, you can create an awesome font book (in HTM).
It may not be updated until the next Windows version, or never, but it is bug free and well working.

app103:
It's not freeware, but FontExpert can export to html, creating images of each font, and can use templates for the page.

screenshot from mine:

lanux128:
This one shows me a list of fonts, but not the names of the associated font files. Anyway, this is better than nothing. It does not let me export the list to a text file, but I can make faststone capture take a screenshot of the list, and put it through an OCR.
-eleman (September 19, 2010, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

that's not so good then.. however try this - The Font Thing. you can browse and add the fonts into a 'collection' (see fig. 1). for each collection, a text file is generated with the fonts name and its corresponding filename in a CSV-like manner (see fig. 2). you just need to change the file's extension to something other than the default 'TFT'.

Fig. 1

Fig. 2

• http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/

ACall:
FontOrg and RedEars's FontRenamer are free and make an excellent combo.
You may want to try FontOrg's List function.
Both can be found in the download section over at: http://fontorg.us/default.html

List Button

List creates an HTML document in the Source Folder named FontOrg.html. It will look similar to the following example. Each font name is a hyperlink allowing you to click on it and open the font in the Windows font viewer.

FontOrg - font organization program
Explorer based cross reference
(c) 2006 Alfred M Jones

2Rebels
       _unknown
       Jandoni
RightBrain-Normal
       Anna Morelli
       CKIBLMQuattrocchi
       Gonza
       Gonza[A]
       Gonza-Bold
       Gonza-Bold[A]
       Gonza-BoldOblique
       Gonza-BoldOblique[A]
       Gonza-Oblique
       Gonza-Oblique[A]

... etc ...

--- End quote ---

eleman:
FontOrg: It is supposed to do the job, but curiously, it wont. Even if I tick the "use internal font names" box.

The Font Thingie: It won't install... Some 16-bit work-system mumbo-jumbo says its installer. I don't have the win95 compatibility mode on my xp installation for some reason, so can't try it.

FontExpert: Highly polished program with some advanced functions. Its html list function can more than do the job. Find duplicate fonts function is also nice. Not free though.

Nexusfont: Nope, it's not created for my intent in mind.

X-Fonter: This one lets you place each font in a collection of your choice, and saves such collections in text files with a curious extension. Just changing the extension to txt gives you a list like this:

hede.ttf|Times New Roman
hodo.ttf|Arial
gak.ttf|Comic Sans MS
guk.ttf|Verdana

So it does the job neatly. But $35? I sent the programmers an e-mail offering one-tenth as a donation. I'll see what they'll say.

Thanks again for all your suggestions, I wouldn't be able to find a solution if it weren't for your recommendations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version