ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Another reason to drop Kaspersky?

<< < (14/18) > >>

ssoundman:
FYI regarding Microsoft Security Essentials.  Starting in October, in addition to being free for home use, it will also be free to small businesses with up to 10 computers.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Microsoft-Security-Essentials-to-Target-Small-Businesses-148952/
-patthecat (September 24, 2010, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great news! Been testing it for a while for my wife and wishing it was a legal install for me. We love it on her Win7 32bit laptop.

superboyac:
I think I'm just about done with Kaspersky.  I've been getting too many false positives lately, and it keeps popping up warnings about things (MS office, FARR).  You know, truth be told, I have no idea if something is a false positive or not, how are you supposed to know?  And now I'm suspicious so it's even worse.

I have like 2 years left on my license, but I may just forget about it.  Maybe I'll go try F-Secure.

f0dder:
Maybe I'll go try F-Secure.-superboyac (January 12, 2011, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
MSE, man... MSE.

superboyac:
Maybe I'll go try F-Secure.-superboyac (January 12, 2011, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
MSE, man... MSE.
-f0dder (January 12, 2011, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
I tried MSE.  They have that part where they say they will send your results back to microsoft.  And you can't disable it at all.  I'd even pay for it if I could get rid of it.  But I can't.

I'd rather pay for F-Secure, than to have my data being sent around.

Darwin:
I was going to recommend MSE as well...

Superboyac - in MSE 2.0 you can opt out of SpyNet - your data is not sent to MS if  you select "I do not want to join Spynet" in Settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version