ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Poll To Help Decide Mouser's App

<< < (3/5) > >>

Deozaan:
I can honestly say that I have never had even the slightest inkling to create a board game.  I must be the only normal one here. ;)
-superboyac (September 14, 2010, 11:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, but what about a card game?

Stoic Joker:
Webcam Recording/Diary Utility +1

Just because I want to feel a little like the famous Start trek characters with their 'Captain's log, supplemental...'  :P-Shades (September 14, 2010, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Okay when you put a Star Trek spin on it it does sound kinda cool.

brahman:
Board Game prototyper:

An app with which you can make a functional board/card game by dragging and dropping some shapes, add some text, make various figures, include some logic rules (f.e. you have drawn the pause card and will skip the next 2 rounds) etc. would be fantastic.

I have had the inkling to make an actual educational board game for a while!

If the software could print out the board game plan and then glue it automatically on cardboard would be even better to minimize messing around with nasty glue. Can we have something like that? Please - pretty please - *glue neurosis*

And it should include a CADCAM prototyping tool linked directly to one of the RTM prototyping sites. And of course an animation engine so one can do animation like in battle chess!

And of course a little currency generator would be mandatory - ever played monopoly when broke? - No fun :-[!

Oh and there should also be some AI holographic co-player possibility with various personalities and agressiveness. Some people like a challenging and witty opponents other prefer docile player to boost their egos, young ones may want a Lady Gaga opponent - this should be taken into account. :Thmbsup:

I know mouser will whip this up in a jiffy in time for the holiday board game season.

Looking forward to it! *happiness radiating all over my face*

daddydave:
Originally I voted based on the fact that I have neither a touchpad nor a webcam, so logically (and selfishly) I chose the Workout tool and the Card and Board Robot ;). However the "Webcam Recording/Diary Utility" sounds like a great way for parents to make a video scrapbook of their kids as they are growing up, so I changed my Workout/Exercise vote to the Webcam one.

mouser:
Since i have so much nice code already written for a webcam recording app / media browser, it's very appealing to be able to turn it into a full fledged new application.

But i think the main thing i need in that case is some brainstorming about what features would be interesting and novel.. just what would this application do that is special?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version