ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tipping - Why does this appear to be a "requirement"?

<< < (10/14) > >>

wraith808:
personally i'd much rather pay higher prices and have a waiter who isn't trying to be fake nice hoping to get a good tip, and just being like a normal person on a job.  i very much dislike the fake game of trying to kiss the ass of the customers hoping they will give you a good tip.

if we follow the logic of tipping to it's natural conclusion, we'd be tipping everyone -- cops, airplane pilots, bus drivers, etc.  i don't think that's a good idea.
-mouser (September 16, 2010, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
If a cop would take the time to just wing me as opposed to taking a center mass shot I would think that would be worth some kind of gratuity.
-Cpilot (September 16, 2010, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hilarious!

mouser:
If a cop would take the time to just wing me as opposed to taking a center mass shot I would think that would be worth some kind of gratuity.
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Renegade:
if we follow the logic of tipping to it's natural conclusion, we'd be tipping everyone -- cops, airplane pilots, bus drivers, etc.  i don't think that's a good idea.
-mouser (September 16, 2010, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, in a lot of places you DO tip the police. Bureaucrats. Politicians. Judges. Most people here would call it corruption. (I'm not trying to be a smart ass there.) But if you want to call a spade a bloody shovel, it's just another form of tipping that happens to be publicly unacceptable in a lot of places. (Errr... maybe I'm stretching a little bit, but not much. :) )

J-Mac:
Now tipping is comparable to bribing public officials and law enforcement? Oh man, even Mr. Pink didn't go there.

This thread gets better with each post! I almost expect Godwin's Law to come into play soon!   :D

Jim

justice:
why would you serve worse if you get more basic pay? Less worries and it's not people will stop tipping.
-justice (September 16, 2010, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you not see the above commentary on service in Europe?
-wraith808 (September 16, 2010, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes and I disagree with that statement, one waiter in london is not proof of london, a country or a continent. it's just an experience of a moment in time by one person in one day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version