ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tipping - Why does this appear to be a "requirement"?

<< < (9/14) > >>

hamradio:
If its bad service from the server just leave em 9 cents a nickel and 4 pennies...they should get the hint. (Not worth a dime.)

It has to be a nickel and 4 pennies though so they should know you left it like that on purpose.

wraith808:
why would you serve worse if you get more basic pay? Less worries and it's not people will stop tipping.
-justice (September 16, 2010, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you not see the above commentary on service in Europe?  It's human nature... if you don't have to work harder to get the extra money, then the average quality of service will decrease.

mouser:
personally i'd much rather pay higher prices and have a waiter who isn't trying to be fake nice hoping to get a good tip, and just being like a normal person on a job.  i very much dislike the fake game of trying to kiss the ass of the customers hoping they will give you a good tip.

if we follow the logic of tipping to it's natural conclusion, we'd be tipping everyone -- cops, airplane pilots, bus drivers, etc.  i don't think that's a good idea.

superboyac:
personally i'd much rather pay higher prices and have a waiter who isn't trying to be fake nice hoping to get a good tip, and just being like a normal person on a job.  i very much dislike the fake game of trying to kiss the ass of the customers hoping they will give you a good tip.

if we follow the logic of tipping to it's natural conclusion, we'd be tipping everyone -- cops, airplane pilots, bus drivers, etc.  i don't think that's a good idea.
-mouser (September 16, 2010, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1

Cpilot:
personally i'd much rather pay higher prices and have a waiter who isn't trying to be fake nice hoping to get a good tip, and just being like a normal person on a job.  i very much dislike the fake game of trying to kiss the ass of the customers hoping they will give you a good tip.

-mouser (September 16, 2010, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
If a cop would take the time to just wing me as opposed to taking a center mass shot I would think that would be worth some kind of gratuity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version