ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

extracting info from pdf

<< < (7/13) > >>

cmpm:
If you could give an example pdf to do this operation, perhaps we all could experiment with the various tools each of us has.

Curt:
now let's be a bit practical
what is the best time to copy in order to have the graphics in best quality? when pdf file is zoomed at 150% ? at 200 % ? at 300 % ?
-kalos (September 21, 2010, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

-neither.

1) Extract the pictures, if they actually are pictures and not just PDF generated background.
2) If they aren't genuine pictures, I would make a simple screenshot at 100%.

TomD101:
Hello all,

When I was in need of a PDF->Office converter, I found after some testing the program SolidConverterPDF from www.soliddocuments.com.

I have no idea, how they do it, but the results are simply stunning. Of course, not everything is possible, but I converted manuals for devices like TV sets, DVD-recording machines, scientific books and whatnot. Just incredible.

The trial lets you convert 10 percent of the original document, max. 10 pages and adds a watermark.

I think, this is ok for testing. Prices start with $ 80 for a single user license.
The support is great, very personal and really able to solve problems.

Give it a try and no, I am not connected to them.

Thomas
Berlin, Germany

Curt:
-hello Thomas, and welcome back (again again!) :-)

Solid Doc's "WYSIWYG Content Extraction" really is quite impressive, (it sure made me consider a license for yet another program to be used once or twice a year... haha), it may actually be what was asked for by the starter of the thread. But another problem is that the same person seems to want everything for nothing, so I expect even the very mentioning of the price, was a turn-off!

kalos:
I don't have a problem with price, if a program can do what I want

zooming an A4 PDF at 100% makes the PDF not to fill the whole 15" screen
and then taking a screenshot at that zoom, results in a small low resolution photo, it doesnt maximize the info that the graphics file can contain

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version