ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Source code colors: Contrast / Readability / Ergonomics

<< < (3/6) > >>

housetier:
I like dark ;D

But it's also "quiet"; that is, there aren't many different colored used. In German colors can be loud and quiet, even excited. Baycomb is still being fine-tuned by its author, but so far I found it usable.

There are too many color schemes available for vim. I believe other programmer's editors will have a wide variety of such schemes as well; I know emacs does.

VSiAQ:
I agree with mouser. The first one is too dark for my eyes to read. The second one is much better, though its line number is still hard to read.

brotherS:
I'm sometimes using black on a green background... I don't like black backgrounds and besides that I read something about those being bad for your eyes in the long run.

allen:
There are a few schemes I switch among, depending on my mood, this is the most common one though--

housetier:
more, more, more!

Ok, ok! By popular request I created some more screenshots of the color schemes I have right now. Note that these are not alle the schemes that are available, these are just the ones I happened to have installed.

Attached here are:
* anotherdark
* baycombG, a variation of baycomb above
* blue
* darkblue
* delek
* desertedocean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version