ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommendations for good computer 2.1 speaker system?

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
i cant hear the difference between any of them, so i choose speakers based on their looks.
heresy i know..

jgpaiva:
I have exactlly the same problem, i want to buy a 2.1 speaker system, but I can't decide between any of them.
For 100€, i've heard logitech z-4 and jbl creature II. Both are very good, but the jbl have a very clear sound, i might buy them.
I've also heard logitech's x-230, for 40€, they have a nice sound, not as good as the ones mentioned above, but still nice.
I think the better way to decide, might be just go to a store and hear them live, it takes out some doubts.

Gerome:
Hi!

i cant hear the difference between any of them, so i choose speakers based on their looks.
heresy i know..
-mouser (February 09, 2006, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I advise you to consult an otho-rino :)

superboyac:
I'm liking the logitech x-230, but the one negative about it is that it has too much bass even with the subwoofer turned all the way down.  That's bad for jazz, which is what I listen to, and what a couple of other users are complaining about on the web.  But it seems to be a good choice overall.

That Phillips Expanium one doesn't sound bad, if I can figure out exactly where to put it.  I remember that from 1994-2006, I just used an old 1984 Sanyo boombox to connect to my soundcard, and it was pretty good.  Now I use my Roland keyboard amp because I have an extra one.  It just goes to show, that like many other things, it helps to think outside of the box.  I've always been suspicious of these speakers that are marketed for computers only, as if they are a different kind of speaker that a regular speaker.  They are probably more cheaply made, and the only benefit is that they are plug n play and visually probably match the computer look.  But I guess the best thing to do is to get the best speaker in general, not the best computer speaker.

That being said, because this is not for my house, but for the office, I may have to put my elticism aside and just get a computer speaker.  But, like I said, I may do the boombox if I can figure out how.

superboyac:
I have an HI FI Philips with an USB PC Link, so i can plug my PC to it and i can stream my music onto my Philips  : no need to plug speakers, and the sound quality can not be compared to speakerz :)
-Gerome (February 09, 2006, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gerome, I think I might go for that.  Could you give me a model number or a link where I can see a picture of it?  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version