ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommendations for good computer 2.1 speaker system?

(1/4) > >>

superboyac:
I was wondering if anyone here had some good recommendations for a good 2.1 speaker system.  I'm going to use it here at work, so it will be at a fairly low volume, so pristine quality isn't necessary.  I want to keep it under $100, maybe even $50, if possible.

I have these speakers that go under my flat panel monitor from Dell, but there's no subwoofer, so I want something with a subwoofer (and I can't justify the company paying for it).  Anyway, I'm looking at the following, but any other recommendations are welcome:
-Dell A425, or A525 (by Altec Lansing, I can find some on ebay)
-Various Logitech 2.1 speakers

That's all I know of so far.  Thanks.

Gerome:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here had some good recommendations for a good 2.1 speaker system.  I'm going to use it here at work, so it will be at a fairly low volume, so pristine quality isn't necessary.  I want to keep it under $100, maybe even $50, if possible.

I have these speakers that go under my flat panel monitor from Dell, but there's no subwoofer, so I want something with a subwoofer (and I can't justify the company paying for it).  Anyway, I'm looking at the following, but any other recommendations are welcome:
-Dell A425, or A525 (by Altec Lansing, I can find some on ebay)
-Various Logitech 2.1 speakers

That's all I know of so far.  Thanks.
-superboyac (February 09, 2006, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Frankly ?
The best i've ever seen is my actual config :
a good USB PC Link between my PC and my MP3/CDR/W Philips HIFI stereo Expanium techology with 75 WRMS :)
Why buying something else ?  :tellme:

superboyac:
Hello,

Frankly ?
a good USB PC Link between my PC and my MP3/CDR/W Philips HIFI stereo Expanium techology with 75 WRMS :)
-Gerome (February 09, 2006, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please forgive me, but I don't understand exactly what you are talking about.  Do you mean you just attach a boombox to your computer?  Is there a link you can give for this?

Actually, if what you are talking about is a boombox, I don't think it will work.  I have to have small speakers so I can put it on my desk.

Gerome:
Hello,

Hello,

Frankly ?
-Gerome (February 09, 2006, 05:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please forgive me, but I don't understand exactly what you are talking about.  Do you mean you just attach a boombox to your computer?  Is there a link you can give for this?

Actually, if what you are talking about is a boombox, I don't think it will work.  I have to have small speakers so I can put it on my desk.
-superboyac (February 09, 2006, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have an HI FI Philips with an USB PC Link, so i can plug my PC to it and i can stream my music onto my Philips  : no need to plug speakers, and the sound quality can not be compared to speakerz :)

Cpilot:
Yeah I got a USB hookup on my Stereo and the sound is miles away from anything you can attach to your computer.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version