ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does Flash or java make websites suck?

<< < (3/6) > >>

J-Mac:
A big part of the problem is that some web developers seem to think that Flash is a great way to create web pages. I've seen entire sites of downloadable Flash web templates. Crazy.

Jim

Renegade:
I think some high-end products/companies can get away with all Flash web sites. Gucci, Chanel, etc. But for most others? It's hard to justify. High fashion just seems to work well with Flash. Rendering in Flash is simply far better than what you get out of a browser.

kartal:
My solution to snazzy website craze is to use text based browser like Elinks. Since I have started using it I waste less time in websites as well. If I am desperate adn need to see that flash site I use FF.

Renegade:
My solution to snazzy website craze is to use text based browser like Elinks. Since I have started using it I waste less time in websites as well. If I am desperate adn need to see that flash site I use FF.
-kartal (September 10, 2010, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's pretty hard core. I could never get used to Lynx or anything like it.

J-Mac:
-kartal (September 10, 2010, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's pretty hard core. I could never get used to Lynx or anything like it.
-Renegade (September 10, 2010, 11:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heck, I got very used to all of the text browsers - until graphical browsers were born! Let's face it: When it was all that was available and no one had seen any real graphical browsers, then the text browsers were pretty damn awesome!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version