ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?

<< < (29/31) > >>

superboyac:
DAMN YOU STOIC!!  All you did was make people jealous....sheesh, those numbers just destroyed me.
-superboyac (October 07, 2011, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry man, it was time to park the tricycle...

Actually the worse part is it $20mo cheaper than the DSL ... Now how's that for totally screwed up?
-Stoic Joker (October 07, 2011, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Where's the middle finger smiley??  This will do, just change the finger in your mind...  :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
Yes! Fiber is better.
-Stoic Joker (October 07, 2011, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
I hate you now :(

Actually the worse part is it $20mo cheaper than the DSL ... Now how's that for totally screwed up?-Stoic Joker (October 07, 2011, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Like, REALLY hate you :( :( :(

Congrats, mate :)

Stoic Joker:
LOL You guys...

I'd been with the DLS since 1998, but they just didn't keep up with the times. So I've been watching this new fiber service for about 2 years now and decided it was time to take the plunge after they left me hanging about a month ago.

Stoic Joker:
So speed tests are fun, but they don't really show what'll happen when you're do an actual download. So I timed one:

942MB in under 4min ... I'm ok with that.

Carol Haynes:
Thoroughly pissed off ...

Over the last week my broadband speed has dropped from a steady 6Mb/s+ speed (usually around 6.5) to between 1 and 2Mb/s. Apparently my ISP has checked my line and it doesn't support higher speeds. When I pointed out that for the last 4 years I have been steadily about 6Mb/s they looked at my record and agreed to reprofile my line to try to restore that speed.

Reprofiling is supposed to have been completed today - now it seems to be running at 1Mb/s.

As I said - thoroughly pissed off!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version