ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?

<< < (10/31) > >>

Cloq:
DSL - 3mbps though the actual speed is roughly 2mbps

For the price I am paying for country dsl, in the city/town, you get 15mbps.  :(

Renegade:
DSL - 3mbps though the actual speed is roughly 2mbps

For the price I am paying for country dsl, in the city/town, you get 15mbps.  :(
-Cloq (September 09, 2010, 11:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Another reason why telcos need some kind of oversight/regulation. (Yes, on this issue I have some leftish tendencies.)

tomos:
my internet seems to confuse speedtest.net a little :)

Fist I got
 (see attachment in previous post)
so I tried again and got
 (see attachment in previous post)
I think the best actual download speeds I've seen were a little over 2MB/s. Connection is supposed to be 20MB/s and apparently is very good at street level but the cable leading up to the house is bad bad & needs to be replaced - still a lot better than many people here are getting.
-tomos (September 07, 2010, 04:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I get consistently huge download speeeds from speedtest.net - the lowest so far was Dublin with 85MB, lets see Moscow gets 190; Frankfurt (automatic choice of speedtest for my location) gets 258 today.

Lets see, is there anywhere else you can check your speeds - this site (http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/) give me:
5656 Kbps / 935 Kbps
I've never noticed getting even that download speed 5.5MB but then I usually find download speed is related to wherever I'm downloading from...

Mark0:
Some antivirus / antimalware that "mess up" with the Internet traffic are known to cause strange results.

BTW, this is what I get form here via 3G network:

Deozaan:
Not sure how this happened since I'm paying for 5 down and I think ~0.75 up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version