ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?

(1/31) > >>

Renegade:
Sigh... I'm getting less than 1 digit of DL speed in kbps...

So, how does your connection stack up?

Josh:
25Down 10Up FIOS. Loving it!

nite_monkey:
Im over at my friend's house right now, and he gets
1.50 down
0.27 up
...It is AWESOME!!! (end sarcasm)

I forget exactly what I get back at my house. I know it is a lot better though.

justice:
Very good thanks cable fiber internet seems to be a lot more reliable than adsl.

f0dder:
20/2mbit ADSL2+, which is somewhat more than adequate :). I pay about $60/mo for this line, which I find to be expensive, but it's normal price here in .dk.

Line is mostly stable, but if I really maxx it out it sometimes dies, and I have to power-cycle my modem (and I have to wait a few minutes before turning back on, or it doesn't connect). Not sure exactly why it happens, but it's mostly if there's high bandwidth usage and a lot of connections - I suspect it's more a matter of unstable firmware than the raw copper not being good enough quality.

I'm tempted to move to another service provider that does VDSL and can offer me 30/2 + IP telephony for the same price as my current subscription. Wish I could get FIOS... there's craploads and more craploads right out there in the road, and a large hosting facility right across the street. But can I get my hands on it, as a regular guy living in an apartment? Nope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version