ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Internet Speed/Reliability SATISFACTION?

<< < (25/31) > >>

J-Mac:

Well, I actually felt kinda good about this until I saw Stephen's... Now I'm just jealous!!
-J-Mac (September 16, 2011, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please don't be...

You get very spoiled with a 100meg connection, and when it isn't working at full speed, and you find yourself on anything below 50-70, you get VERY annoyed, and people just don't understand how, or why your frustrated with downloading at ONLY 6500kb/s via HTTP.  :-\   8)
-Stephen66515 (September 18, 2011, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, thank you - I feel so much better now.   ;)

Jim

Renegade:
The way I have it worked out, is that if a company offers you a 20MB connection, this means, if you CONNECT at that 20mb speed, you will actually DOWNLOAD at 10% of that speed, and upload at 10% of your DOWNLOAD speed.
--- End quote ---

That seems to be pretty accurate. Well, maybe 5% of what's advertised... but potato hand grenade. Y'know... :P

KynloStephen66515:

Well, I actually felt kinda good about this until I saw Stephen's... Now I'm just jealous!!
-J-Mac (September 16, 2011, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please don't be...

You get very spoiled with a 100meg connection, and when it isn't working at full speed, and you find yourself on anything below 50-70, you get VERY annoyed, and people just don't understand how, or why your frustrated with downloading at ONLY 6500kb/s via HTTP.  :-\   8)
-Stephen66515 (September 18, 2011, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, thank you - I feel so much better now.   ;)

Jim
-J-Mac (September 18, 2011, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

:(  ;D ;D

The way I have it worked out, is that if a company offers you a 20MB connection, this means, if you CONNECT at that 20mb speed, you will actually DOWNLOAD at 10% of that speed, and upload at 10% of your DOWNLOAD speed.
--- End quote ---

That seems to be pretty accurate. Well, maybe 5% of what's advertised... but potato hand grenade. Y'know... :P
-Renegade (September 18, 2011, 11:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D

Renegade:
grrr....

outage... on phone... serious WWW withdrawl... phone insufficient for fix... must... get... connected... hard... to... breathe... going dim...

kyrathaba:
BTW - I still love that "while(! dead_horse){beat}"!
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that was inspired :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version