ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

tc1100 tablet pc dies before i've even set it up

<< < (13/17) > >>

wraith808:
I don't have that problem with my tc1100 for some reason... I'm using ArtRage Starter Edition, and I don't have any problems when I'm drawing.

nudone:
well, i might have exagerated slightly. the offset between cursor and pen tip is about 2mm (maybe 3mm in places). i don't believe there is a tablet and pen combination that is pin-point accurate as i've now seen four different screens and none have been perfect - so, i guess, i'm just asking for too much. i've read about other people not being happy with wacom cintiqs but they are in the minority.

it's all down to drawing style i suppose. if your style is loose, then there's no need for high accuracy and it will probably never even be noticeable. or, if you stay away from the edges of the screen, then that will help.

one thing now seems clear. i've no reason to keep the LE1700 as it perform worse than the tc1100 - and it certainly isn't worth several hundred pounds more just for a few pixels of extra screen space.

it just seems like i've spent a lot of money (and time) to simply find that a pencil and paper is better than all these electronic miracle devices.

nudone:
SHOCKING NEWS...

The Motion LE1700 tablet isn't an absolute total piece of garbage after all. It's actually a good tablet.

I'd given up with the device almost immediately and decided that I'd stick it back on eBay when I could be bothered. Before doing that, I thought I'd try once more to calibrate the pen - even though every previous attempt resulted in making it rubbish.

It appears that you can get almost millimetre accuracy between pen and cursor if you simply "Reset" the tablet settings in Control Panel. So, manually calibrating the pen makes it useless - no matter what you try, it's always out by a few millimetres somewhere on the screen; but Resetting the machine will give you the best calibration there is - just with a single click.

I'll use the Motion now, it feels like a different machine, I'm keeping it. But the question remains: what is the point of providing calibration options that don't work. And an obvious built-in default configuration that works near perfectly.

Stoic Joker:
Perhaps to assist end users that hold the tablet at an angle to contend with the parallax created?

(Screen thickness + angle of view create a perceived shift in the true point of contact)

Carol Haynes:
Just skimmed through this lot and you have my heartfelt sympathy!

Am I correct that you now have a Cintiq, Motion and 2 HP thingies and yet you still don't actually have anything that works properly  :-[

Ah the joys of eBay - someone should cut up your credit cards and nuke your PayPal account ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version