ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

tc1100 tablet pc dies before i've even set it up

<< < (10/17) > >>

wraith808:
http://www.auctionsniper.com

It's worked miracles for my percentage of bids won, and also, though I pay for the bid, I end up getting it for a lot less than I would have if I'd ended up in a bidding war.  And you only pay if you win... and it's a small amount.  I sound like a paid endorsement, but I'm not LOL :)

Renegade:
http://www.auctionsniper.com

It's worked miracles for my percentage of bids won, and also, though I pay for the bid, I end up getting it for a lot less than I would have if I'd ended up in a bidding war.  And you only pay if you win... and it's a small amount.  I sound like a paid endorsement, but I'm not LOL :)
-wraith808 (September 05, 2010, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... Might be an idea.

A fellow I know wrote this one:

http://www.auctionsentry.com/

He sold it a while back, but he was the first in the market. Do you know how it compares?

wraith808:
I used to use auction sentry, but I jumped ship a little before he did.  The major advantage of AuctionSniper over AuctionSentry is that you don't have to depend on your own hardware/connection.  It also has several tools to allow you to do nifty things like place snipes on a group of auctions and stop after you've won a certain amount, so if you want an item you can find all of the auctions and group them and stop after you've won one or something like that.  Also, it's easier to add auctions in my opinion.  Of course, the downside is that you pay when you win using AuctionSniper, but I've even done such things as bid normally on an item, then snipe it... if I win with my bid, I don't get charged.  I really like it.

4wd:
I use Gixen because they have both a paid and free service, (which is what I use).

Gixen features:

No download required!
    Gixen automatically places your bids on eBay at the last moment.
    Entirely automatic - your computer doesn't have to be on.
    Group bidding: first successful snipe cancels all the others.
    Unlimited number of snipes.
    Free browser plugins for IE, Firefox and Chrome.
    Gixen is provided to you completely free, no catch.
    Gixen is completely secure.
    Gixen is 99.5% reliable.

Gixen Mirror Features:

All the Gixen main service features, plus:

Gixen Mirror is a multi-server, fault-tolerant sniping service, unmatched by any other sniping service or sniping software. Your snipes are sent twice, from two different hosting locations.
    No ads in the logged-in area.
    Contingency group bidding - first failed bid cancels all the others in a group.
    Wider choice of snipe time choices (3,6,8,10,12 and 15 seconds).
    Auction end times refreshed hourly, as opposed to daily.
    Gixen Desktop Manager - schedule and monitor your snipes from your Windows desktop.
    Other small perks provided to Mirror users only, such as CSV export / import and Gixen API.
    100% reliable (*). No other sniping service provides this.
    Cost of Gixen Mirror is a bargain at $6 a year.

--- End quote ---

According to the *listing* it comes with a COA for XP Professional.  Again, with those warehouse specials, in a lot of cases they don't have the original license... so they also get a stack of XP COAs to include...  that might not be the case with this one, but...  (given, it does say that it still has it's COA sticker attached, but I wouldn't assume...)
-wraith808 (September 05, 2010, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's quite obvious you're going to have to buy it to put this speculation at an end.....I'd offer to do it but my wife would kill me :P

wraith808:
Hey... I just got an iPad!  My gadget budget is blown for a while...

As for Gixen, thanks for putting me on the track of this.  It looks like a pretty cool site!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version