ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

tc1100 tablet pc dies before i've even set it up

<< < (9/17) > >>

4wd:
My bad - I noticed XP had 'Tablet PC' support and didn't realise that there was other tablet apps that were installed.

I did find this however and XP Tablet PC Edition isn't that hard to find on the net since you still get a license for it.

wraith808:
But does a normal XP license (which seems to be what is included) work for tablet edition?  From other tablet sites I've frequented, I seem to remember that it doesn't... and if you install standard XP, you don't get tablet functionality.

Update: That link is pretty cool!  However, you can get a tablet for a little more (from what I found when I was looking) with tablet already installed, making initial setup a bit less intensive.  I think that the older models of motion pcs have reached the wholesale market and you see a lot of these on there stripped down.. many with no HD.

Here's one on eBay that's a *slight* bit more after conversion...

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTION-COMPUTING-LE1700-TABLET-PC-VIEW-ANYWHERE-XGA-/270628900810

4wd:
But does a normal XP license (which seems to be what is included) work for tablet edition?  From other tablet sites I've frequented, I seem to remember that it doesn't... and if you install standard XP, you don't get tablet functionality.-wraith808 (September 04, 2010, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

According to the User Manual it came standard with XP Tablet PC Edition - so that is what the COA sticker should be for.

wraith808:
But does a normal XP license (which seems to be what is included) work for tablet edition?  From other tablet sites I've frequented, I seem to remember that it doesn't... and if you install standard XP, you don't get tablet functionality.-wraith808 (September 04, 2010, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

According to the User Manual it came standard with XP Tablet PC Edition - so that is what the COA sticker should be for.
-4wd (September 04, 2010, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

According to the *listing* it comes with a COA for XP Professional.  Again, with those warehouse specials, in a lot of cases they don't have the original license... so they also get a stack of XP COAs to include...  that might not be the case with this one, but...  (given, it does say that it still has it's COA sticker attached, but I wouldn't assume...)

Renegade:
aaaaaaaaargh.

someone has just bought it before me. i give up.
-nudone (September 02, 2010, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

:'(

Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel. I always lose on bids at eBay. I've tried to get some new camera lenses... No luck. I don't want to pay 75% of the price of a new lense for a used one, so I lose. Maybe it's time to try my luck again...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version