ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Yet another application tapping into the "cloud" market.

<< < (3/7) > >>

jaden:
That sounds like SparkleShare's goal, but it's still in its early stages.

superboyac:
-jaden (September 03, 2010, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
That looks like an amazing thing and I'm really itching to try it.  Thanks!

jaden:
You're welcome.  I first heard about them in June and they haven't made much progress since then, but the idea has a ton of potential.  I'm curious to see what happens with it.

zridling:
Beyond one mere app, look for more companies to bundle services to guarantee themselves more money. For example, at home, you've seen your cable or phone company expand to phone/data/tv services, hoping you'll take the easy way and just buy "the package" from one source each month. And once they make that experience difficult enough, it's inconvenient enough to not want to repeat the experience anytime soon.

On the software side, Microsoft has long done this between OS and office suite; Apple with its OS and gadgets; and Google with its "services," notably Gmail. If you're using one, why not all, instead of using a better online (office) app from Microsoft?
PS: Ever notice that with tiered cable TV packages, all the original-content channels are hoisted onto the most expensive tier? Reminds me of Al Pacino's speech in The Devil's Advocate: "While you're hopping from one foot to the other, they're laughing their asses off!"

Deozaan:
-jaden (September 03, 2010, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
That looks like an amazing thing and I'm really itching to try it.  Thanks!
-superboyac (September 03, 2010, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't remember where I saw it, but when I first heard about SparkleShare on another site, there were comments made about other programs that do the same thing that were already out. I just can't remember what they were or where that site was. :-/

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/06/11/sparkleshare-open-source-dropbox/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version