ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

List the crappiest websites you know here. (warning: potentially NSFW)

(1/7) > >>

superboyac:
I figured I'd start this thread for myself.  I'm just going to list the shittiest websites I know of here.  This is purely for venting purposes, don't expect me to be rational here.  There are a couple of things that makes a website shitty:
1) Just being generally shitty.
2) Not only being shitty, but being so pervasive as to make the internet (as a whole) significantly more shitty also.

OK, here I go:
about.com
We all know and hate this website.  It tries to answer every question known to mankind, yet accomplishes so staggeringly little with that task.  In true shitty fashion, it makes sure to be at the top of any google search.My bad, overreation.
Experts-exchange
Along the same lines, this website is masked as a helpful forum to answer all your geek questions.  Yet, they want a subscription to see any of their answers.  I've never seen nor had the need to see their answers, but I can safely assume that the answers are pretty shitty.  And even if they are not, the website is still shitty.
http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/acquisitions/primavera/index.html
Primavera is the industry standard for scheduling software.  It's like MS Project on steroids.  Funny enough, when you visit the website, the word "schedule" does not appear on its front page.  Just the idea of that makes me laugh.  If you didn't know the program, you would have no idea what it does.  The first sentence states:
a leading provider of Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solutions for project-intensive industries.
--- End quote ---
WTF does that mean??  How do you not stick the word "schedule" in there somewhere???
Also, if you google "scheduling software", Primavera is nowhere to be found (on the first few pages, at least).  Very nice.
Ok, friends...join in the fun!

app103:
about.com
We all know and hate this website.  It tries to answer every question known to mankind, yet accomplishes so staggeringly little with that task.  In true shitty fashion, it makes sure to be at the top of any google search.
-superboyac (August 30, 2010, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

delphi.about.com is actually quite useful. (I guess that would be the exception huh?)

If the rest of about.com were like this particular subdomain, it wouldn't be on your list.

Eóin:
How could I not mention the most notoriously crap site of them all- SUPER ©.

rgdot:
Experts-exchange you can see the answers if you visit the site via google search results. Some are actually good but as far as 'business model' goes it's pretty much anti-spirit-of-internet

A bad site in my view is something like godaddy.com, when trying to buy or manage a domain, a mish mash of extra options and extra screens just to get to where you want to go.

app103:
I absolutely HATE fixya.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version