ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Program to copy files referenced in a WMP playlist to another location

<< < (2/3) > >>

JeffK:
I think I might have found a way to do this using Media Monkey.  So don't spend any time on it.  I will post again if I need more help.

Jeff

skrommel:
 :) How about saving the playlist, opening it in Notepad and doing a search and replace of the paths, and then moving the files?

Skrommel

JeffK:
The playlist files are all mixed up with other files which are not on the playlist but which she wants to keep.  And all the files are spread through many directories with many duplicates, triplicates and quadruplets.  So while I could edit the playlist file to move it to another location, I would still have to laboriously go through the many directories to indentify and move the files that are in the playlist.

Jeff

skrommel:
 :tellme: Sorry, I reread you post, and it's removing duplicats you want. Are the file names accurate enough to be used to distinguish the files, or should the size/date/CRC be checked, too?

Skrommel

Gerome:
Hi,

:tellme: Sorry, I reread you post, and it's removing duplicats you want. Are the file names accurate enough to be used to distinguish the files, or should the size/date/CRC be checked, too?

Skrommel
-skrommel (February 10, 2006, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

The deal should be not very hard to resolve since Microsoft provides COM methods to its favourite player!
The following link will expose one of the branch to manipulate a WMP playlist :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmplay10/mmp_sdk/playernewplaylist.asp
There are other ones, but if you're familiar with VB/VBA or any other language that is able to CreateObject ( so does Fbsl ;) ), then you'll be able to succed in your initial will  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version