ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Windows 7 Modal Dialogs - Aero Glass problem

<< < (2/7) > >>

mouser:
thankfully because of all of the extra work that goes into capturing aero transparency, this should not be a huge problem to fix -- because SC already does not "trust" the dimensions it is told for the window, and instead takes a bigger area in order to look for shadows, etc.  so it should just be a matter of enlarging the area it considers.. i think.

skceB:
thank god for all the good software engineering paradigm
btw in what language is screenshot captor written?

mouser:
Screenshot Captor is written in C++, using C++ Builder.

MilesAhead:
Looks like another capture program has been dealing with this. Seems they get around the drop shadow problem by just imitating the drop shadow and drawing it on themselves.

http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap/windows-vista.html

I'm just starting to play around with some of this glass stuff.  Now I know why many programs want you to stick an icon onto a sheet of ice.  Icons seem to be resistant to glass smudge that plagues images and other stuff like text. It would be nice if they came out with functions that just produce the desired result on glass.  Like DrawTextOnGlass() or something.

I found out from code on AutoIt3 forum there's composition that's on Windows7 that's not on Vista.

Seems if you use a layered window you can get a translucent glass effect. On Vista the same attempt just produces a black client area.  Just gets more complex it seems. :)

Here's a shot of the tranlucent effect if anyone is curious:

http://www.favessoft.com/SelectorTrans.jpg

mouser:
Miles, there is a whole long thread on aero glass capture developments in screenshot captor.
The new version can capture these translucent semi transparent shadow effects perfectly now.

The only problem raised here is some issue with modal windows, and this should be something simple to solve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version