topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Problem: Screenshot capture does not display ("Restore main window" fails)  (Read 3363 times)

laurablij

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi all,

I have a problem that I hope someone has a solution to.

I have been using Screenshot Captor on a dual-monitor setup. I just got a new monitor, and once everything was set up, I had a very strange issue: when I try to open the program, it does not display at all. The same happens when I take a screenshot and choose "Keep image and show" or when I right-click "Restore main window" from the system tray icon. The taskbar icon does appear at the bottom of my screen. When I click that icon (to minimize back to the system tray), the animation makes it look as though the screen is being minimized from somewhere to the right of my actual screen. Hope that makes sense.

Things I have already tried:
  • Restarted my machine
  • Restarted my machine with the second monitor unplugged (it won't appear at all now, even when I just use my laptop)
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the program

I'm really at a loss what else to try. Hope someone can help!

Cheers,
Laura

laurablij

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just answered my own question so I thought I'd post the fix. It's described at http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keyboard-trick/.

More specifically, "For keyboard savvy people, you can just alt-tab to the window, use Alt+Space, then M, then Arrow key, and then move your mouse."

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
nicely figured out laura -- i need to remember that trick, as it can sometimes happen to me when a monitor i used to have connected is no longer connected.