ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Raster to Vector imaging software

<< < (2/2)

app103:
I hope it didn't mess up your work app103.
Sorry about it's failure to perform.
-cmpm (August 19, 2010, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

No apologies necessary. It was worth a shot...anything is worth a shot at this point, since I can't find any volunteers willing to design a new logo for the app, and the original is too small to work with (32x32), and looks really bad when enlarged. (and I don't have Adobe Illustrator to try that, can't afford it)

I have been trying to redraw it in Paintshop Pro, as a vector, but my hand has been very unsteady lately and I just can't do it. It just ends up looking a mess.

tomos:
I hope it didn't mess up your work app103.
Sorry about it's failure to perform.
-cmpm (August 19, 2010, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

No apologies necessary. It was worth a shot...anything is worth a shot at this point, since I can't find any volunteers willing to design a new logo for the app, and the original is too small to work with (32x32), and looks really bad when enlarged. (and I don't have Adobe Illustrator to try that, can't afford it)

I have been trying to redraw it in Paintshop Pro, as a vector, but my hand has been very unsteady lately and I just can't do it. It just ends up looking a mess.
-app103 (August 19, 2010, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

depending on what format you want that in, I could do it.
I sent you a PM

app103:
depending on what format you want that in, I could do it.
I sent you a PM
-tomos (August 20, 2010, 03:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks tomos!  :)

David1904:
Inkscape http://www.inkscape.org/ could be worth a try. It is open source freeware. A Desktop publishing program with a raster to vector utility (Potrace) now built in.

ajp:
Inkscape http://www.inkscape.org/ could be worth a try. It is open source freeware. A Desktop publishing program with a raster to vector utility (Potrace) now built in.
-David1904 (August 20, 2010, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am a faithful user of Inkscape, and its raster to vector utility is pretty decent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version