ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

possible to miminize "New Screenshot" window?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
ok let me think about it.

ottenm:
Hi Mouser!

I'm actually still hoping for this feature (the enabled minimize toolbar button)! ;)

The scenario I want to support is for comparing two things on the screen that are a hassle to display at the same time.  So I screen shot the first one, then bring up the second one (usually takes a few steps), then bring the screen shot back to compare with #2. 

While I'm working to bring up the second image ("usually takes a few steps") I like having the screen shot minimized.  1) It's out of sight, and 2) It's just an alt-tab away from coming back into the foreground.  With minimize disabled in the post capture dialog I've been dragging the dialog to the bottom of the screen with just the title bar showing.  I don't want to "Save Image And Show" because 1) I don't really want to create a file from the screen shot, just save it for a few minutes and then look at it again.  And 2) When I minimize that other window (the main interface?), it disappears from the AltTab list and I have to click on the tray icon to get it back.

Sorry for the drawn out explanation.   Thanks for considering!

mouser:
Have you tried the new feature that lets you show the screenshot in a standalone window? It's in the view menu.  Maybe that will be useful for what you are trying to do?

ottenm:
Nice!  I do like the standalone window!

But to get there from the post capture dialog I'm clicking "Save Image and Show" to save the file and bring up the main interface.  From there, under View I click "Toggle standalone standalone screenshot window".  And from there, back to the main interface to close it.  Now I've got the screen shot window ready to minimize, and then restore from alt-tab.

Any chance of an easier way to get there from the post capture dialog?

mouser:
Well, once you view the standalone screenshot window ONCE, it should remain as a standalone, minimizable window for the rest of the session, even as you take new screenshots.
Now just turn off that post-capture pop-up dialog completely and let it autosave and stay minimized.
Now whenever you take a screenshot it will be in the standalone window which you can move, minimize, resize, etc.
No need to use the post-capture popup or the main sc window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version