ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Shut down scheduler

<< < (2/3) > >>

lanux128:
So I actually need a scheduler to shut down my PC at a specific time.
-artkaye (August 18, 2010, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

for simple shut-downs, you can use Tasks Scheduler by scheduling the built-in shutdown command to run at a time you choose.

skwire:
I just downloaded and installed DAP to take a look.  Under Tools, Options, Scheduler section, there is an option to "Shut down computer" after scheduled downloads are finished.

...and now I'm uninstalling it...good grief, what an invasive install.

Shut down scheduler

4wd:
It sounds to me like the problem is that the sites the OP is downloading from do not accept the multiple connections that download managers tend to use - thus the Shutdown-on-finish won't work because he can't use DAP with its multiple connections.

However, some download managers allow you specify sites where the number of connections will be restricted, (ie. to one), Orbit is one of them and I think FDM can also do it.

I know I have used Orbit without any problems on fileshare sites, you can also have it identify itself as a browser, (IIRC - haven't needed to use it recently).

Otherwise, if you want to keep your current downloader then have a look at DShutdown which can be triggered when your WAN transfer rate drops below a certain level as well as at a certain time.

4wd:
Are there any downloaders that use less bandwidth or any way to dl using less bandwidth for the poor folks like myself that get throttled by their isp?
-complearning123 (August 19, 2010, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know of any download managers that don't allow you to set the maximum transfer rate.

eg. Wellget, (an oldie but still my favourite), has 3 modes: Unlimited, Automatic and Manual.

Manual mode will limit transfer rate to what you specify here.

Shut down scheduler

skwire:
Are there any downloaders that use less bandwidth or any way to dl using less bandwidth for the poor folks like myself that get throttled by their isp?-complearning123 (August 19, 2010, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, there isn't.  Regardless of how slow or how fast you download "something", that "something" takes up the same amount of bandwidth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version